1. What drew you to Lackland ISD?
While I am a civilian, I’ve always had close ties to the military. I went to school in Killeen ISD which serves the learners living on Fort Hood, my brother is a Green Beret in the Army, my best friend of 20 plus years was (and still is) a military dependent and my father-in-law is an Air Force veteran which means my husband attended Lackland ISD! The military affected are near-and-dear to my heart and I wanted an opportunity to give back.
2 . Where are you from?
I am always proud to say that I am from the Dallas/Fort Worth area!
3. What is something that you are looking forward to for your first year at Stacey?
Connecting to the culture and community of the school. I to see how supportive and welcoming the staff and learners are to everyone and I hope to become a part of carrying that forward.
4. What school/ university did you study at or attend?
I received my B.S. in Mathematics from UTSA and last year I graduated with my M.S. in Learning Technologies from the University of North Texas.
5. Did you always want to be someone who worked for technology? If not, what did you want to do instead?
I didn’t figure out what I really wanted to do with my life until I was well into my mid-20s so I would have to say that’s a big fat no. There’s a lot of pressure to know what you want to be when you grow up, but it took me trying out a LOT of different things until I found what my purpose was.
6. What is the name of one or two songs that could always keep you productive?
Silhouettes by Colony House
Ready Receipts by Kyle Thornton & The Company
7. Have you always been a tech-savvy person or did it come up along the way?
I honestly wouldn’t even say I’m particularly tech-savvy; at least no more than average. What I attribute any tech skills to is curiosity, perseverance, and a desire to problem-solve. I’ve simply found the ability and passion to demonstrate those life-principles through technology.
8. What is your least favorite part about tech?
It’s hard to answer because our expectations of technology are growing higher and higher. We have to remember that it’s electricity flying through plastic and doing a thousand things in an instant which is pretty amazing! I guess I’d have to say my least favorite part is that I have to “check myself” when I get frustrated because the magic doesn’t work right all the time - and I can’t expect it to.
9. What quote inspires you the most every day?
If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. -Maya Angelou
10. What is your favorite holiday?
Lame answer buuuuut CHRISTMAS
THANK YOU Mrs. Billingsley!